Unfortunately after a trip to a few grocery stores I had no luck finding lids for the jars. I was very disappointed. But that weekend, while my Dad was visiting, he saw the jars and asked about them. I can't begin to tell you how much my Dad helps me with my projects. He opened the fridge, pulled out some jars and started testing lids. Turns out the lids for my spaghetti sauce and for artichoke hearts were just the right size. I wouldn't have even thought of that!
So I started collecting lids. It took some time, and my Dad even donated a few, but finally I had eight mis-matched lids. It just didn't work for me. Out came the spray paint! I painted them a black metallic. It's amazing how good it turned out.
After the lids were done I quickly cut some vinyl numbers and applied them. I think the final look is fantastic!
I'm linking this project up to DIY Day at A Soft Place to Land, Get Your Craft On at Today's Creative Blog, Trash to Treasure Tuesday at Reinvented and Look What I Made at Creations by Kara.